Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A welcome party for...?

After my piano lessons, I told gran'ma that I was off to the princess place for the play practise, but the truth was that we, that is the princess and myself, were off to our secret hideout by the bamboo bridge across the narrow river that flowed by the eastern portion of the jungle. As soon as I reached there, I took out the bottle of tequila that the princess had managed to hide in her jacket and bring out from the cellar at the palace, and a measuring cup. Then I went up on the stool and brought down the big blender which we use at the parties. I checked in the refriegerator's freezer. Sure we had ice and lots of it! And the strawberries seemed fine too. I let them be as they were and took out the jar of strawberry puree which I'd made last evening. That went in first into the blender. Then went in the little content of liquor that's flavoured with sour oranges, I think they call it triple sec. I had to be very careful with the amounts I added. It wouldn't do to tipsy-turvy back home tonight, gran'ma would know all about the play practise!
Last week, gran'ma was teaching them how to make jam at the Ladies Club and I collected the thick pomegranate flavouring syrup noone used and noone noticed. Three tablespoonfuls of it now went into the blender too. Finally the sour mix splash went in. I was anxious that we must not have any less amounts of this favourite drink tonight, so lots of extra was added when I was measuring out the tequila! With all this, finally I ran the blender once before I opened the lid again and added the crushed ice. I ran the blender coupla times more and then just put the blender jar into the refriegerator to remain chill until the party began! My Strawberry Margharita was ready!
The princess was late again. I wasn't surprised a bit, she must be busy dressing herself up for tonight. I just hoped she wouldn't forget to get the pizzas on her way here. Pizzas and Strawberry Margharita... purrrfect! So you still haven't guessed what the party is all about? Well, welcome back to the jungle dear Griz!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

its amazing cuz this is just what happened last weekend ! I commend your intuition !

Wed Nov 16, 12:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Ahem! But y isn't Griz story-telling?
Gif

Wed Nov 16, 12:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kumari said...

Griz luuuurves Margharitas and if they have strawberries in them, all the more wonderful :)

Griz will story talk sooner.
Thanks for the party :)

Thu Nov 17, 05:46:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home