Tuesday, June 20, 2006

As told to the author...

Hi, am a black cat, am also single and willing to mingle, in fact, wanting to mingle would be more appropriate. So the other evening strolling down the bylane by the pink bunglow with white windows, when I caught sight of another black cat and a female one at that, my excitement soared up and I crossed over to her path and said "Hey, we are both black cats, do you think we should mingle?..." I have been warned a million times before by friends, well wishers, family and similar experiences that to be so direct in one's approach can only prove to be disastrous and unfulfilling to the core. However, one's natural characteristics can be controlled only as long as the effect of the disaster lasts. So now that I had chanced upon a black cat whom I wanted to badly mingle with I threw all safe measures and ground checks to the winds and drew on my sword of directness. She stopped surprised in her path and looked at me. Oh she had those nice cat eyes, have you seen a black cat with them and had your heart melt over? Then you'll know precisely how I felt at that moment.
"No" she replied. Well, so she wasn't so direct, in fact rude is how some might put it, but I'll say she was merely playing it hard to get! So I played along, who wouldn't want to play with a female black cat with eyes like those ones. So I said, "But its only right that we did. If you differ you must give me your reasons." Now before I had completed this she had twined her sleek tail along her right hind leg and trotted ahead. So I had to kind of pursue her to get an answer to my query.
"No" she replied again. Twice is how many insults any self respecting black cat will take, even if it comes from a definitely mingleable female black cat. So I should have known the rules and left it at that. But when she found me still trotting along, she turned around with that nasty look in her nice eyes and said, "Am a black cat wanting to mingle only with single white cats so that I can have white kittens. Now get out of my way!" She sure had me out of her way with that 'cause nothing for a long time since my first love ever caused me to get this tongue-tied and motionless!
Now, as I sit puzzled by the warm fire dejectedly, all I can think of is 'Do cats have it too?'

4 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Can't understand why am so deeply hurt and enraged when a friend of mine went through an insulting girl-seeing-boy-for-marriage routine which resulted like this! Wth is wrong with educated people!?

Tue Jun 20, 04:25:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey U & Duck are tagged. So please write something :)

Wed Jun 28, 08:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger adhyayan said...

ok.. not getting back to the people world.. still in the cat world.. a pen pal of mine told me about this book 'Felidae' in german.. which is written form a cats point of view...

Thu Jun 29, 10:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger adhyayan said...

I could almost imagine the tail really curling sideways and up.. keep writing

Thu Jun 29, 10:53:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home