Monday, September 26, 2005

Book of Treasures

I was looking for wild berries today,
but the smell of wet soil was so intoxicating
after the rain that I spent more time rubbing
my nose into the ground pretending to
look for potatoes instead .... thats when
I found a lil red bound book, tucked away,
close to the roots of the big banyan.
It said, for my darling Vincent on the first page
.....human romance ! cool ! So, I spent the rest
of the day reading and here's a sample...

The Last Encounter

Enter Nerkesht of Engelbrook.

Enter Vincent of Roserfield.

'The sky has grayed,
A star has set,
One cow died by my bed.
The signs are here !
You know them, my darling Ner.
Pack my bags, dont cry please.
By the time dawn is here,
I promise you wont feel a thing.'

Dear Vincent,
You were right on that dreadful night,
Dawn and Winter both came by,
With a potion of poison green,
And once I drank,
I was her and she was me.
Then I heard a lullabye,
Now all is well, all is numb.


Personally I find human romance
amusing , they say it absorbs people
into a different world , and once you
are absorbed, the past world goes up in a
puff ! I often think how different it might
be to say me getting absorbed in eating carrots.
I think its the same thing, just that my
world has stayed intact. I don't think
even human romance can change the forest -
its been like this for years !



5 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Can we have carrot soup at the birthday party please? Beats likes them really badly...
And hey pass me that book once you are done, wonder what treasures I can find...
Shirsha

Tue Sep 27, 05:53:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Yes, there will be carrot soup ,
specially for the two of u.
You like them too right;)
Duck

Tue Sep 27, 11:04:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naw, Carrot soup is pretty tasteless. ORder a jar of tamarind chutney for me instead. Am trying to get accustomed to tamarind for the rest of my life :P

Tue Sep 27, 08:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kumari said...

Aaarrrgh. I love nicknames. i really do but between the giraffe, the duck, the princess and mista mouse i am lost as to who is who.
So, puhleaze ladies, choose induhvidual(like Scott Adams says) names :p

But nice blog.

Tue Sep 27, 08:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Hi Kumari,
K, I'll give u a secret intro but very secret haan?
The duck is a princess(dont tell me u didn't know ;)) Now we know who looks like a duck, dont we?
The Giraffe, aka Gif, is, mmm me
I'd suspect Griz is you, cos u write really nice blogs, so i assume u write lotsa good poetry as well!
Mista mouse is really my mouse friend here in office :)
and Beats... I'll let you guess...
Shirsha

Tue Sep 27, 08:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home