Monday, February 27, 2006

Many memories to fill one empty hole

Its 3.28pm on a hot saturday afternoon and am driving past 80ft Rd and hey.... there's that shop! That shop where me and her had... yes we had yummy sugarcane juice there that afternoon! 'Hahahahahehe' am chuckling to myself, what fun it was, it surely was one of those vague afternoons when we had nothing at all to do and had taken off on that usual window shopping spree, one which didnot restrict itself to shopping just by the windows!
We had huge bags of tops, trousers, skirts, shoes, stoles, junk jewellery, a hat, a scarf, cosmetics and hmmm, deodorants too! By the perfume section, I remember, lifting her hand to sniff at the deodorant she was trying out. A guy giggled past as we stood there in that vague pose, of me sniffing her hand. He thought how closely it looked like I were kissing it :)) I was scared that she was trusting too much to my judgement, especially with my nose, and she did that simply because I made her stand by the trial room and look at me trying out all those funny lined skirts while she actually wanted to 'check out' that tall lean chimp-looking man with a beak shaped nose! Ughhh, how can I remember all this!?
Then I remembered, it was most fun by the cash counter where we had to seggregate who bought what! There were these funny items and some extremely costly items which were selected, by either of us, but by the cash counter neither of us felt like owning it and paying for it actually! It was fun simply trying it out. Oh then there were these others, rather cute ones which both of us wanted :) The sales girl seemed quite exasperated at the end of dealing with us. I remember she immediately asked for a shift change and we gave each other this high five! What on earth were we trying to accomplish. Hmm, tired as we were, we very badly wanted to have a drink somewhere and then it struck... was it me or was it her!? Oh well, one of us it struck that we must try out that cheap roadside sugarcane juice man after all this expensive shopping! That was when we hit that place and sat on his blue wooden benches and drank sugarcane juice cracking nonsesnsical stupid jokes as usual...Hmm that was all... oops!!! 3 whole years back!

Hmm, I must stop dreaming and get back home as fast as I can, what's the time... 3.29pm! This is when it hits me hard that... in just 1 tiny minute I can dream of so many memories!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

waaah....i want sugarcane juice...but from the man in Pilani...

Mon Feb 27, 06:48:00 AM PST  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

i wanna shop and have sugarcane juice!

Mon Feb 27, 01:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger OtherHalf said...

Oh yes the slurpy liquid and now u have inspired me to hit the keyboard and here is what came out!
http://id-a-elramblings.blogspot.com/2006/02/slurp-slurp.html

Tue Feb 28, 12:08:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home