Thursday, June 29, 2006

When tagged by Griz...


Nosey aunt Rita was coming home to tea today. She always had her weird ways of getting herself invited whenever she wanted to my place. Gosh she likes me and I ought not to be so mean to her I suppose, but can I help it, I broke up with Tan just last weekend and we had our final final meet at the same old coffee shop and well... I mustn't start thinking of that again now. But I was kind of preoccupied and the last thing I wanted was to entertain nosey aunt Rita! Something told me it was good thing to happen in the way of a distraction, the kinds Suzy keeps advising me about, but... 'Ting tong' Doorbell, must be nosey aunt Rita and sure enuf it was her.
After hugs and kisses and this and that and how I dont do anythign to keep in touch with her and how she does miss me, why couldn't I shift over to her place, I look so frail, I must have not been eating well, ... she went on and on. Its easy smiling through it all, because you know whats coming you dont have to really bother listening, paying attention and then fixing an appropriate expression, like what Tan said I used to do when he cribbed about his impractical manager at work, why am I thinking of Tan again...
Coming back to nosey aunt Rita, I realised she had said something to which she expected a reply, I mean really expected a reply and I hadn't heard her, off course! I said, "Hmm... now lets see, wait let me get us some tea and then I can hear that again!" and jumped up to the kitched to get black tea, biscuits and badam-corn flakes mixture! I felt her gaze on me and, is it telepathy or what, I knew she was thinking that no good was coming to me staying by myself like this and that I ought to be settling down with a nice man soon.
After one long noisy sip of tea, she starts again "I did take up that counselling course, u remember right?..." Aunt likes me so much and tells me so much, why can't I just pay more attention to her! "yeah, that course right.."
"Yeah, so they've given us this exercise... mmm let me not tell you about it, let me instead ask you a few questions, just sanswer immediately without thinking at all... its gonna be fun" she giggled!Fun!, really!
"Right now, what you thinking about?"
"Me?, Tan, I mean no, am thinking of life, well not that big, I mean just what to answer..."
Did I see her wink just now? Arrgh, I must control my stupid tongue! But before all else, I must stop control my blushing... I was hot all over!"k, sweetie, moving on, right now, what do you want to do?"
"No nothing to do with Tan aunty, I want to move on!" I managed a smile, but why I couldn't I stop blushing!?
" what do you wish for?"
"I wish I'd never ever blush when embarassed... its awful to let everyoen know you are embarassed.." Huh, now I think I got my blush in check! I seemed to be cooling, but I was feeling weird and all-frank!
"true true, blushing when embarassed is all the more embarassing!, next one, what do you hear?"
"I hear they all want me married but I want to live forever, "
"Gina!, I have a lot to say to that, but we'll come back to that ok?, quickly onto the next, What do you wonder?"
"I wonder why we're doing this! aunty, quickly the next one..."
"What do you regret?"
"I must be regretting things not working out with Tan, but I regret I refused to try. No actually aunty, I regret not doing my Phd!"
"But you can go back to that sweetie, can't you? ..."
"Should I answer that as well?"
"No, you've told me answers to that several times before, instead tell me what are you?"
"I am... your niece, Gina!? I am alert, beautiful, caring, desirable, ... arrgh, am just reading out from that chart I read last week! "
"Do you dance?"
"I have, with Tan and for Tan, but now I will, if you want, for you... "
"Do you sing?"
"I sing like a mad woman, all the time, tuneless, careless, in my mind.."
"Do you cry?" This was where it stopped being fun, somehow I just snapped...
"How long aunty..."
"a little bit more sweetie..."
"Yes I cry, for my lost pup Pista ... to my lost dog , no I dont cry for Tan...Huh!" Aunts do get painful, very painful! All I wanted to do now was sit in the rain, on the terrace and cry, for God knows what!
"What dont you do always?"
"Love, its dificult to do that, non-stop! Or am I just being hysterical!?"
"Perhaps, What do you make with your hands?"
"Nice fluffy rotis, nice brown cakes, nice rugs and nice pictures" Wow, that kind of uplifted my spirits!
"What do you write?"
"only my diary!"
"What confuses you?"
"Oh aunty, this is easiest, its people, am never able to predict them!"
"What do you need?"
"Tan, no shit! I mean, a nice new boyfriend No, double shit! just peace and distraction!"
"Finally, what you waiting for?"
"Tan's call, fffff, to regain my mental peace and equilibrium or lose it again some other way!"
Well, with that she finished her execise and started out on her extra long discourse on what was best for me now. At times she tried to extract excruciatingly personal relevant details about times with Tan. But she left me more confused and with a feeling of being robbed, somehow. I am shitty and am feeling shitty, alright!


With this the tag now goes to Suzy...


2 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

so this now my fav piece! the writing is flowing miss Ray ..many congratulations!

Fri Jun 30, 01:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kumari said...

Awesome! Trust you to make a ordinary tag into a beautiful piece of writing :) Looks like the jungle is slowly moving to its previous peak :D

Fri Jun 30, 07:31:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home