Sunday, October 02, 2005

At the 65th Annual Ball Dance celebrations...

Gef and me were the first ones to arrive at the 65th Annual Ball Dance celebrations of the jungle. Gef, dressed in his regular formal Grey striped tuxedo, managed to have that same regular effect of throwing me off my feet! Everytime I saw him in it, I had to draw a deep, a very deep breath infact, to stabilise myself :) Actually no matter what he wore, if I wasn't particularly upset with him, he always had that effect on me :D
Soon the prince and princess from our jungle and lots of others trouped in. Some of the princes' did look really handsome and sauve, yeah thats the right word for them! Some almost majectic, infact there was this tiger who held everyone's attention while he alighted from his helicopter. He gave this huge merry making growl which kinda shook through me. You must see tigers when they are all set to drink and dance the night away, terrific! Gef and me were on our way to get a drink when we spotted princess Duck walking in. Everytime I saw her magnificently dressed, she seems to have an effect on me too! Though entirely different from the way Gef does... I ran over to give her that cheek against cheek kiss. I always get scared that we might rub off our make-ups on each other's cheek doing that formal cheeky thing. Has it ever happened to you? 'Gif, you looking so pretty!' she squeaked ammidst all the noise, the dance was about to begin you see! I retorted with a formal, 'Thank you Princess, and you are so magnificent as ever!' It was a formal occassion you know and we love to play our parts formally at times, hehehe... But she couldn't help blushing to a deep pink at my compliment! If I kept her blushed, I suppose it'd be alright to rub off her makeup onto my cheeks!
The dance was about to begin and everyone was talking of this and that. Gef and me were betting on which prince the Princess would dance her first with today. Gef was sure she would go for that tiger, I earlier mentioned. Bah! not upto her class I felt! That new actor from the movie 'Alice in wonderland', the one who starred as the rabbit, was more like her choice. Suddenly there was a 'snort snort' from behind us, we turned about to face Griz in her cute, skimpy gown. I've often told her that with her figure, she ought not to wear anything that doesn't show it off! She had her arms in GrizzleTed's and together they reminded me of Archie and Veronica dressed cutely for a formal occassion!
......
Hmmmph... boy was I tired after 3 dances in a row!? The DJ announced a prize for the best dancing couple to the song the 'Call of the Wild'. Its this fast jazzy number and was one of my favourite. In fact, its a damn good song to dance to. You must try it sometime. The princess and that actor chappie seemed to have hit it off damn well, am sure much against the King's wishes. The King usually liked her to dance with only the Princes... before I could think any further, Gef had dragged me to the dance floor and we were swirling about to 'Call of the Wild'.
There could be no dispute about who danced best to it, Griz and GrizzleTed almost created magic with their most unbelievable steps! Man, you missed it! They swirled and hopped and twirled and jumped, all in perfect co-ordination. There are advantages to being short and swift and maneuverable! Whoa!!!
Heres to Griz and GrizzleTed... Cheers everyone!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Am forgetting that actor's name princess, what was it?
Gif

Sun Oct 02, 11:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kumari said...

Aah...what a splendid night 'twas. Am still seeing stars...esp since Hog tipped half a bottle of vodka in my lemon juice :)
You, my ladies were looking fantabulously beautiful and Gef was indeed dashing...

now i have to pack my bags..will be back in the jungle by the next full moon for that particular hippie party :)

Mon Oct 03, 07:42:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have in fact met someone and
am thinking if he is the actor ;)
duck

Mon Oct 03, 09:59:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am so thrilled with this blog !
duck

Mon Oct 03, 10:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Oh coem one duck, you danced all but 1 dance wit h that actor chap, that 'tall', 'dark' and 'handsome' chap, if only I had my good memory with me today...!
Gif

Mon Oct 03, 08:39:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes just one dance tells u just as much as many:) :P
my own memoy has been erased :P
so i guess i cant help u with that :P
-duck
p.s. u know how frivolous i have become when it comes to dancing ..hehheh

Mon Oct 03, 08:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Oh yes, you have been havinga merry time I bet... But wasn't the actor just another actor?
Gif

Mon Oct 03, 08:56:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehhe - everyone is just an actor ...
how will i ever know :P
-duck

Mon Oct 03, 09:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Yeah true, everyone's an actor. Me, for now, feel like playingthe part of a runaway bride. Wanna help me?
Gif

Mon Oct 03, 10:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home