Friday, October 14, 2005

Princess can't care for a three-legged race

Gif(With a big hopeful smile) : Would you, princess, participate in the three-legged race, with me?
Princess(With a faraway look and embracing herself) : It is indeed windy today, I must be wearing my fur coat, but I wont, for the rabbit has taken my warmth away.
Gif(Not to be outdone tone) : But if I got you a fur coat, would you, princess, be my partner in the three-legged race?
Princess(An uncaring, tired look) : A fur coat, what fur coat? A fire is what I want and a fire is what I have burning though, inside my heart.
Gif('Oh! is that it' tone) : Is it a fire that you want dear princess? I shall arrange for one, would you then do the three-legged race with me?
Princess(a mock smile on her lips) : You will arrange for a fire? A fire in the woods, dear Gif, would, but, burn the woods away.
Gif(Lips pouting in dismay) : Burn the woods away I cannot. If not for which, would you not run the three-legged race with me?
Princess(The faraway look returns) : You cannot, I cannot, nobody can, nobody can hush these fires away...
Gif(Hoping again) : Hush a fire, Oh I can do that smart. Tell me princess, shall I hush a fire and you'll join me for the race, the three-legged one?
Princess(the faraway look turns wild) : Gif, you'll hurt yourself hushing this fire, for it burns deep into my soul and takes me over there......
Gif(hoping and hoping) : Over where princess? Shall I come too? And then we can go to the three-legged race maybe?
Princess(lips set together like the all-knowing) : Over there dear Gif, one must journey alone, seek one's truth and return afree.
Gif(Sad at how its not working) : You are going alone to seek the truth? Why wont you take me with you? We can stop by at the three-legged race maybe...
Princess(passionately shaking) : No Gif no, this sorrow is for me alone, not for you to share.
Gif(sad and tearful) : You were never like this dear Princess, so many a fruit you've shared with me. Now, the three-legged race...
Princess(with finality) : Those many fruits bore not a pungent bad taste as this and this is for me alone to finish.
Gif(amidst her tears) : Finish it princess, finish it, am waiting for you to go for that three-legged race...

8 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

To the one whose shadow is a soothing song, thank you !
Looks like the princess is rather depressed in your script:)
I am game for the three legged race in case she doesnt come !
Can I be a substitute dear Gif?
Duck

Fri Oct 14, 06:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kumari said...

Beautiful Gif:)
We at the pigs union decided that we should do sth about the princess...esp since she doesn't smile so often and I need pearls(that usually drop out of nowhere everytime she smiles) for my new dress to be worn for the race.

And if you and Duck do run, it would be a sight to watch and cheer for :D
i'll be there.

Sat Oct 15, 02:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Oh cool Duck, you really will join me at the race :)) It'd look really funny though, when the left leg of the giraffe is tied to the right leg of the duck! But who cares, you're a princess!
Wow Griz, now that trivia abt pearls... is that how men collect pearls? I know one thing that sure will make the princess give her widest smile, show her any of her duck snaps from the Camel land... :D
Gif

Sun Oct 16, 09:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

where are my snaps from the camel land !
Please ask my men;) to get them:P
-Princess

Sun Oct 16, 11:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Your snaps... hehehehe... they are safely with me dear Princess :) Am sure Griz has some too, esp that laminated version of 4 farm animals... hehehe
Gif

Sun Oct 16, 11:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Oh I get which snap the princess refers to!!! the rabbit shall be strongly questioned about them and they shall be delivered safely to the princess :)
Gif

Mon Oct 17, 12:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

you are truly my angel ! thanx!
Princess

Mon Oct 17, 10:55:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kumari said...

Farm animals?
George Orwell might turn in his grave :p

Mon Oct 17, 11:32:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home